The course provides an overview of project risk management techniques. Participants identify project risks and manage those risks throughout the project life cycle. Specific emphasis will be placed throughout the course with having a proactive mindset with response to risk for effective project management.
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
• Define risk management
• Understand the advantages of risk management as a process
• Identify all project risks in a team environment
• Write effective risk statements
• Perform qualitative risk analysis for project risks
• Develop the criteria for a qualitative risk matrix
• Plot qualitative risks on a risk matrix
• Perform quantitative risk analysis for project risks
• Use three point estimates to characterize costs and schedule risks
• Perform expected value calculations
• Select quantitative or qualitative risk analysis based on the +’s and -‘s of each method
• Generate risk response plans
About Dr. James T. Brown, Ph.D.
James T. Brown Ph.D., is president of SEBA® Solutions Inc., a Registered Education Provider for the Project Management Institute. He is the author of The Handbook of Program Management published by McGraw-Hill. James has a patent for a project scheduling methodology, and has received numerous awards including the "NASA Public Service Medal." James has a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, a MS in Engineering and a BS in Electrical Engineering. He is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Speaking Professional (CSP).