Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
This Month’s Topic will be:TBD
PMIAK Spring 2015 CAPM/PMP Exam Prep Course
Dates: April 4, 11, 18 and 25
Times: 8am to 5pm
Location: BP Tower- Conference Room #146
900 East Benson Boulevard, Anchorage AK 99508
Contact Hours: 35
Fee: Early Bird, until March 21st 2015
$995 for members and $1195 for non-members
after March 21st 2015
$1,195 for members and $1,395 for non-members
Instructor Lead Sessions by Experienced and Certified PMPs
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK 5th edition)
Crosswinds Exam Prep Kit
- Boot Camp Manual
- Wed-based exam Simulation (26 tests; 3000 questions)
- PMBOK Guide Audio Recording
- Terminology Audio Download - Available on MP3
- PMP flip-notes, Reference Guide;
- One Acronym Quick Reference Guide;
- PMP web-based flash card application
Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided!
The course provides an overview of project risk management techniques. Participants identify project risks and manage those risks throughout the project life cycle. Specific emphasis will be placed throughout the course with having a proactive mindset with response to risk for effective project management.
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
• Define risk management
• Understand the advantages of risk management as a process
• Identify all project risks in a team environment
• Write effective risk statements
• Perform qualitative risk analysis for project risks
• Develop the criteria for a qualitative risk matrix
• Plot qualitative risks on a risk matrix
• Perform quantitative risk analysis for project risks
• Use three point estimates to characterize costs and schedule risks
• Perform expected value calculations
• Select quantitative or qualitative risk analysis based on the +’s and -‘s of each method
• Generate risk response plans
About Dr. James T. Brown, Ph.D.
James T. Brown Ph.D., is president of SEBA® Solutions Inc., a Registered Education Provider for the Project Management Institute. He is the author of The Handbook of Program Management published by McGraw-Hill. James has a patent for a project scheduling methodology, and has received numerous awards including the "NASA Public Service Medal." James has a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, a MS in Engineering and a BS in Electrical Engineering. He is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Speaking Professional (CSP).
Opportunities in VRMS (Volunteer Relationship Management System)
Volunteer of Education 2- Member of Committee of Education
Volunteer of Public Relations and Marketing
Volunteer of Education 2 - Member of Committee of Education. The goal is to get the support for the VP of Education and for the Director of Education via participation in an Education Committee being formed by the VP of Education to increase chapter's communication channels with Alaska project management community. Elected volunteer(s) responsible for assisting in the needs of educational activities (seminars, boot camps, conferences) in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
The candidate(s) must be capable of working with other board members on chapter engagement initiatives. Must be able to be part of a group of people who share a passion about promoting project management and who want to enhance the understanding and knowledge of creating opportunities for interaction on an ongoing basis.
Now more than ever project management professionals need to keep their PM skills sharp. PMIAK provides members with the resources to stay informed of project management methodologies to navigate through an increasingly challenging job market. In addition to providing programs on the process of implementing and practicing the discipline of project management, PMIAK provides opportunities to network with other project management professionals from a variety of industries.
PMIAK Member Benefits at a Glance