Year after year, the Alaska Chapter of PMI works to create new programs and improve existing ones for the benefit of the chapter and its body. For us to continue this progress, it is very important that we persist in having individuals donate their skills and valuable time. If you are ambitious, dedicated, and willing to contribute by helping create and implement new ideas, we encourage you to join in on the PMIAK experience by volunteering. We would like to encourage everyone to participate while they are a member.
Why get involved?
Contributing to chapter activities not only improves the chapter, it also benefits the individual in many ways. For example, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet project managers in the local area
- Learn new project management skills
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Stay connected with those involved in the chapter
- Share your passion for project management
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDU's)
- Help those in your community
- Have a great time
- Make a positive difference
- As a member, we want you to participate and get involved. Whatever your interest or strengths are, the Chapter encourages you to become actively involved in helping to continue with making this an outstanding organization.
How can I help?
We are looking for individuals to help out in all areas of the organization for which you have an interest.
How much time is required?
Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments (several hours/month) to long-term committee lead roles (Board members). PMIAK has many different opportunities available, and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary. We have volunteer opportunities to fit everyone’s busy schedule.
Please contact our VP of Volunteers to Volunteer