- This position will remain open until filled.
- Anchorage with travel - Approximately 20% travel yearly
- This position will be primarily in support of the Alternative Energy division and responsible for alternative energy and electrical projects, in house design to construction to project closeout, support proposals, estimating and marketing efforts.
- Principal design for alternative energy projects
- Assist in development and management of operation and maintenance protocols
- Work on tasks as directed by project management
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and related materials
- Read and interpret project plans, geotechnical reports, and other technical documents
- Make recommendations for appropriate construction techniques/methods
- Select materials and design basis for assigning and estimating labor
- Write scope of work and develop cost estimate in response to bid specifications
- Support bids and proposals, project management and operations, and project closeout
- Interface with clients and project personnel to maintain project standards and meet project objectives
- Perform all work to company and client standards/values for Safety and Quality
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Electronic Systems
- Electronics Troubleshooting
- Electronic Testing Design
- Ability to be a junior level project manager
- Competency with AutoCAD preferred
- Strong Work ethic with a sense of responsibility
- Self-motivated, positive in approach, professional in work habits and demeanor.
- Ability to read and perform take-offs from blue prints
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and prepare clear, well organized reports
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Competency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Projects, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Must possess strong problem resolution skills
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to clients and vendors, and by having a positive attitude
- 4 to 8 years increasing professional experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with power experience
- Alaska Professional Registration as an electrical engineer or the ability to obtain professional licensing within the first year of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Full Time w/ benefits
- Depends on experience
Marsh Creek, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer